Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Is it over yet? Days IV and V

Yesterday was Christmas. Thank god the holidays are over. But what an ordeal. I was to go visit our old neighbors, a very conservative family that I used to go to Church with back in my Christian days. And at the last minute my father decides to go with me and be social. That's a firt. THe entire drive over there he kept bitching about my grandmoter this and my grandmother that. Its the holidays and the only thing he can do is complain about his family. If i ever turn out like that (with the exception of a witty blog entry), someone please shoot me. So we do that and then come back and have a later dinner. Clearly this holiday I have put my time in with the warden, err i mean family.

That night I escape to Ormond Beach, where my friend Scott's mother lives. She's an uber-successful lawyer and she's always pushing me to law school, but is an incredibly supportive mother and I really do get along with her. She conned me into coming back to go to an artshow that she has work in, her first. So the first weekend of February, I will be back in florida for an art show.

Yesterday I made an early escape for a lunch date with Garry. Where to begin about our relationship. We sort of dated back in the day, but he is a big fan of the mind game, so much so that when I confront him on it all, he revises history and denies whole events occuring. But for some reason, I give him more opportunities. About three years ago I came back and he sort of cheated on his boyfriend with me, which makes me a homewrecker except they are still together, but yes, i should have had more moral qualms about it. But what's said and done, can't be unsaid or undone, right? So we were supposed to have lunch yesterday and like clockwork he cancels on me and tells me some other possibilities he has. I think I am going to just not call him back, nor hang out with him. I can't keep jumping to his commands.

Then my phone decides to stop work for absolutely no reason. Still don't know what's wrong with it, but today it is working to some extent. I will give it another day and if it doesn't work, I am going to call and do some serious screaming.

Last night had dinner with the Townes, but that was relatively uneventful.

Then I hung out with Ryan, who insisted I invite TR over, in the hopes of either me getting him drunk and taking advantage of him, or getting him to admit he was gay. Either way. I think we made serious progress with the second part. THe entire time he kept asking gay questions, like he was looking for answers. Tonight I am having dinner alone with TR at a fancy French restaurant, so maybe I will get to make out with him then.