Hateful, Party of One

Thursday, December 29, 2005

More from the South

So the last couple days have been complete wastes. Whenever I have free time where I am not visiting people down here, I feel as if it is a waste, as I could be back at home doing important things like setting up dates and enjoying myself. So I've felt way too constrained as of late down here.

Tonight was one of the nights that my father forced me to have dinner with him... the infamous spaghetti night. Its actually really good, my grandmother makes some really good spaghetti that I don't have nearly enough of. But at the dinner table i only had one helping and of course that makes my father take affront to it and be like "what you don't like it???" So I said "just because i only have one serving size doesn't mean I don't like something." and he's all like you can start your diet tomorrow... what the fuck??? Just because I don't want to be as fat as him doesn't mean anything.... ridiculous.

I do think I am getting out of chop suey night. My father wanted my grandmother to make that while i was here. Apparently this is another family renowned dish, despite the fact that as a 25 year old member of this family, I have never actually eaten chop suey. But in the course of having dinner with Rhiannon and her family at Houlihan's, Rhiannon asked a very astute question: "Scott, you're family is Polish and from Southern Michigan, how is spaghetti and chop suey your family dishes." Beats the hell out of me, but it is a good question.

So the stress of actually being around my family, sent me to find a trick tonight. So that took a whole five minutes out of my day as well. I look forward to the end of this vacation and the hope that there will be drinking Tuesday night... Sponsler???????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home