Hateful, Party of One

Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years started off right

So I get back to DC on the 2nd. And M&M, Ruthie, and I decide to go for catch up drinks at JR's. And by catch up drinks I mean we caught up on seeing Dreamgirls. So at some point I go up to the bar for the round of drinks I was purchasing and much like the hyena goes after the antelope that has separated from the herd, the old guys saw me separated from the herd and pounced. So I had to deal with two old guys who one said the other thought i was "the hottest thing" and he kept trying to kiss me on the cheek. The other guy seemed nice enough, but not my type. At some point Ruthie brought back popcorn and the old guy took a handful and offered it to me. My thought was "ewwww... I don't know where your hands have been." I said "no thanks I don't eat popcorn." such a liar such a liar. After a relatively long conversation, I was freed to return to my group.

But even before the old guys pounced I was making smiles with flannelboy. There would be many turns and looks and smiles then turn aways. At some point he went upstairs to play pool and everytime he went up he'd look at me and smile. So at one point as he kept doing his walkbyes I smiled and he said "hey, how are you?" I replied good and you. THen Ruthie got him as he walked up the stairs and said what's your name and introduced me. Funny how Ruthie will introduce me to complete strangers but not to his other friends in bars. Steven (flannel boy) and I then discussed his pool game and how good he was. On his next trip down, I gave him my number. Right before he left, he said he'd use it and I said I'd look forward to it, so we shall see.

But this was a good way to start 2007.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home