Hateful, Party of One

Thursday, December 07, 2006

it could only happen to me

So I wake up this morning and get ready for work. I had Good Morning America on the tv. Regular morning. I put on my jacket and scarf and was about to put on my backpack and walk out the door.

Pound Pound Pound on my door.

I open the door and there is a police office at the door. He said he received reports that I had been wandering the hallways naked pounding on doors. I was like "WHAT?!?!?!?!" He said that a woman said the man in 512 was pounding on doors naked. He asked if anyone else was with me? I said no. He asked if the apartment building management has spoken to me about it. I'm like no, but i'm never actually here with a full time job and school. He asked where I went to school. He asked me for my id. I gave it to him. He asked for my phone number (and not in the good way). So he said "if you arent doing it you don't have anything to worry about." And it was said in the total way that he didn't believe a word I said.

So I had an instant flash of do I sleep walk. Like I would get out of the bed late at night, undress walk around. Come back to my apartment, get dressed again and go back to bed.

Was there a senile person saying they lived in 512 and I'd come home one day to find out they let him into my apartment.

Was someone out to get me thrown out of the building.

While understanding the humor of the situation, but being on the verge of a breakdown. I called my apartment complex to plead my case and met with the property manager. He was a very nice guy and explained to me that the woman who called the police is a senile woman who had dimentia and hallucinations. She often thinks there are snakes in her apartment. And no one, not even the police officer, thinks I did it.

But its still quite embarrassing to let my neighbors see me talking to a police officer telling me not to walk around naked. I was not happy, but now that its explained I'm much better.

It could only happen to me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger Mel said...

    OMG! It has been a while since I've checked your blog - sounds like you've been busy you crazy, naked man! HA HA HA!

    For Christmas, you should get your neighbor a copy of Snakes on a Plane. I bet she would love it. ;-D

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger Twingonaut said...

    Oh dear! There was some woman dressed like she lived in a nursing home I saw downstairs. I wonder if it was her.

    Sorry about the stress of it, but it's a story you can keep with you to share for the rest of your life.

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't know - it all sounds a little suspect to me. Truthfully, I think you did it and are just trying to slander the good name of a nice, little old lady!
    -Lisa, the statistics goddess...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home