Hateful, Party of One

Monday, November 26, 2007

I just want to be friends...

So, over the holiday break I had three experiences (with two guys) in which it was someone who I don't really want to be friends with who decided they want to be friends and hang out etc etc. Both are guys that at some point I was marginally interested in, but when I made a move (which takes balls btw), they told me they just wanted to be friends or we went out a few times and then i got the friends talk.

And for the most part these guys are very nice individuals, i just have enough friends and wasn't interested in pursuing friendship with them. In one case, I just got an email from one of them saying he wanted to hang out and catch up because we always had such a great time together... Truth of the matter is he had a great time, I had an ok time that I played up because I was flirting. But when he said he wasn't interested in more then I didn't have to pretend and I stopped pursuing altogether.

The other guy I'll give more credit to because we actually went out a few times, but he stopped by a group that I was hanging out with on Wednesday night. Then at some point in conversation asked the group if we thought he was sexy... really? I got rejected by someone with low self-esteem. And how am I supposed to respond to that question? No, I haven't though that since you rejected me? Or do I flirt and say I always found you to be sexy.

And in truth this really hasn't bothered me... i'm just bored and had nothing else to post about :) But i had a realization... as i strive to improve my self-esteem. Its not good to surround yourself with people who tell you that you're not good enough, or I don't like you enough. Its hurtful to be surrounded with people who have all said you're not number 1 and doesn't do me any good.

Am I right? Or do you think I have sour grapes?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I personally think you should surround yourself with ugly people so you always feel beautiful by comparison.

     
  • At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, a bit bitter, honestly. It is hard to tell someone you don't like them romantically. Give the guys credit for being honest.

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Hateful, Party of One said...

    dear anonymous-

    That's a fair comment. Maybe you're right and I'm not giving them credit where credit is due. But I also think there is something to be said that I was the one rejected and shouldn't have to be made to feel awkward. But I appreciate your comment

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    true, it is hard to say, "i'm sorry, i don't like you" and it is better to know that, but... you deserve someone who thinks you are the most fabulous little thing ever, not a "friend" who wants to string you along.

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Miss Parker said...

    Everyone has a desire to be someone's center of the universe. Sometimes we get lucky...other times...not so lucky. Keep your chin up and when you least expect it, you'll hook up with Mr. Right. Meanwhile, all the best on your job search.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home