Hateful, Party of One

Friday, November 02, 2007

What they teach in the business school...

I had to go to an awards ceremony at work yesterday morning. It was the customer service awards at my institution and somehow I was nominated and became a finalist.... which is hysterically funny to anyone who has seen me or heard me talk about work. But while I was there, I ran into this woman I interviewed with a long time ago for a job that I know they hired someone else for, but at no point did they ever tell me that they weren't going to hire me, or they completed their search or anything like that. Which is unprofessional, but not the worst unprofessionalism that occurred.

So I'm walking up these stairs with my boss right next to me and this woman i interviewed with for a job at our business school grabbed my shoulder. I turned thinking who the hell is touching me. I say hi and she says do you remember me? I said yeah, you're (insert strange woman's name here). She said she talked to a friend of mine the other day who said i said something like "is she EVER going to tell me I didn't get the job?" Which I sort of said, but only in retaliation for what my friend said about my office and I didn't quite phrase it that way... which is what i said to the woman (the second part, not the first). So she goes on and on and on about how long the search took then she was embarrassed to contact people, but how i was a great candidate and whatever. All with my boss in earshot.... Great! I get fired on customer service day because this crazy woman tells the world how i've applied to other jobs.. wonderful.

And truth be told, at one time I cared about the job and would've liked some feedback, but by not hearing until now in such an unprofessional way, clearly I'm not going to take any criticism well and have no desire to work for this woman....

But I assume that she has learned her professional techniques from what they teach at our business school, so I'm a little worried about that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home