Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

awkward interview

So on Thursday afternoon I get a call from the VP that I met with. He asked if I would be available to come up on Friday (me thinking he meant the following Friday since that's when I said I'd be available), but i questioned it and asked if he meant tomorrow or the following week. He meant tomorrow... so i told him i'd call him back.

I made travel arrangements and went to Philly. Got to have lunch with Catherine, which was very nice.

So I get to the interview and meet with four people at once. The VP, the HR person, the Director of ADmissions, and the Comptroller for the university. They all seemed like nice people. But the interview only lasted 45 minutes, half of which was me asking questions. 45 minutes!!!! for a director position??????? Then none of them really knew anything about financial aid. SO i'd use some basic terms and they were lost. Thank god they knew the word FAFSA. Then the guy interviewing me started adding stuff to what my resume said and i had to correct him. They also asked me a lot of what i consider to be entry level questions... like how do you deal with difficult situations. Yes, I understand this position would have a lot of counseling attached to it, but my resume shows I have that and they should've been asking more questions like, can you run this software or this report.. etc.

I left thinking that maybe I'm not such a good match for this position but i might still take it for the right amount of money.

Yesterday I get a call from the school, but no message. Thats how we were when I was playing phone tag, but it seems weird that as we made the connection now you'd not leave a message. I checked with my references, but none of them said they were contacted. Weird. Not sure how to read that.. any thoughts?

But I am leaning against taking the position at this point regardless. I guess I'm still meant for DC at this point. We'll see though when I actually talk to him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home