Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

job search

A bad story and a good.

The bad. I had applied to be director of financial aid for a law school of a public institution in DC. It was supposed to be an easy get for me. I had all the qualifications, I knew the computer system they were installing, and I had a good contact for the position. Then when I got back from Louisville and got an email from my contact asking if I had applied. I replied in the affirmative and said I got a letter back from the HR department saying they received it. So I was instructed to call the woman who was the current director. And she was apologetic and said that the hr department never forwarded me on and she was upset b/c they probably would've hired me since the person they hired didn't have financial aid experience. yadda yadda. And then she said something that a few other people have said, which is "You're probably lucky to not work here anyways." Now i understand its not the greatest place to work, but if i hate that job and i hate my current job but that job pays 25,000 more a year why would i be lucky not to work there?

The good. Another job interview in Philly next week. We'll see what happens. Maybe the third time is the charm.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home