Hateful, Party of One

Monday, December 24, 2007

A bit from Florida

I'm in Florida for the holidays, so my apologies for not writing. In addition my life is pretty boring. However, some observations are still in order.

1. Sometimes you need to learn to take no for an answer. At least once on a trip to Florida I try to eat at Checkers since there is only one in DC in the middle of Southeast, so I never go there. So I got some Checkers on the way home and my step-mother tried to offer me food like 5 times and I said to her Can't you see the bag of food right in front of me that I'm eating.

2. Why am I the only one in my family who is ok with waiting til the afternoon of Christmas to open presidents and let everyone be there at the same time, rather than doing it piecemeal. Or if we are doing it piecemeal, I should get to go first so I can go drink/dance.

3. If you ask me if I'll be home for dinner that intones that someone will be making it, not just will I be eating something i make for myself at the kitchen table. So if you plan on giving me a guilt trip for not being home for dinner, then you have to cook a dinner for me to arrive at.

In other observations, its sad that my friends are nowhere to be found. I even cut down the list of people to see for this shortened trip and I've got confirmation from one for my last day in town. I guess next year's trip will be cut down even more...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    P.S. Florida sounds awful. And, we need to go apartment hunting for me.
    Come back to DC.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home