Hateful, Party of One

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Its Official!!!

This past week I put in my notice at my current job. I have accepted a job with the Department of Education working on programs that get underserved students into college. I am thrilled and excited. I am sure at times I will have frustrations with the government as an employer, but I cannot see how it would be as bad as what I've been through at GW.

I have decided to take a professional role in ending my employment, rather than becoming a complete bitch like I had dreamed about at many times over the past year. My immediate supervisor who I thought would take it horribly has been incredible professional and supportive of my move (which I am greatly appreciating). The director of my office was a bit of a douchebag. When I quit to him he tried to throw out some negativity about job security at the program i am working on (but the feds arent going to fire me).

Overall I am thrilled and can't help but smiling. I do believe that Ohio State and South Florida (that was the USF from my last post)would have been doable, but not have made me happy since they were just more financial aid positions.

I start on November 10th and my last day at the current job is October 31st. Woo Hoo!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home