Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

busted

So I like to think I'm all suave and that I can be discrete, but let's be honest. That statement has no truth to it. Its like when Shaniel tries to whisper to me and I speak in a loud voice for the whole office to hear. So Rahsaan and I went to Halo last night... something about a bartender and a party. There didn't seem to be a harness involved so I sort of faded in and out of the conversation. BUt the night taught me twice that I am not suave and discrete.

Moment one: We arrive and I see Bernie and Chris and Brian and I go over and say hi and Bernis busts out with one of my dirty little secrets that I know I haven't mentioned to someone since the whole Shaun episode almost a year ago. My mouth dropped open and I tried to find out what the info was and apparently its something thats not entirely true, but I was drunk one night and sang like a little bird.

Moment two: In between rounds of us playing Anthony's gay bar game: date him, kill him, or screw him, we were deciding who the few attractive men at the bar were. So finally this guy comes up and stands next to Rahsaan at the bar, so i motion with my eyes at the guys back and ask European or Latin American as the background. Rahsaan says European and I make a few inappropriate remarks about taking him home with me. Then he turns and says "23." And we were like "what? what's 23?" He said to Rahsaan "Didn't your friend just ask how old you thought I was?" To which we replied " no, we asked if we thought you were European or Latin American." We were wrong, he was latin american, but still that means he heard enough to involve himself in the conversation.

Tact 0, Embarrassment 2