Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

another one bites the dust

In true form with my crushes, another one comes to an end. My cycle of 3-4 weeks and then I move on has come again. I made an attempt with my last crush Andriano (since its over, I don't feel bad referring to him by last name now). LAte Friday afternoon, I sent an email asking him to the movies, which came across a bit more like a date than I had intended, but oh well, what are you going to do. To be honest, I didn't actually expect a response. One of my defense mechanisms for him was to send the email so late that he might not even get it until the following Tuesday when work started again.

Sunday night I get a response back that said:

"Sorry I didn't get back to you. I've had kind of a busy weekend.
Thanks for the invite though!"

At first, I took this email to be hopeful. After all, it included an apology and an exclamation point. What more do you need for a positive sign? In addition, most guys at this point would've told me that they weren't interested in me because they just want to be friends, they don't see me that way, or I'm fat and ugly.

BUt Archie came back instantaneously with he's not interested and then I had three other people analyze it for me and they all said the same thing. Its even more consistent than a toothpaste commercial where 4 out of 5 dentists agree. So that means its time to move on. I tell you if I go a 6th year without dating someone, I am not going to be a happy camper. Hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngry Scott will become the permanent Scott.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm sure it'll happen for you, pal. Hang in there.

     
  • At 9:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    best regards, nice info »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home