Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

End of the Trip

I write this post from home in DC. The trip finally ended and for that I think there must be a God. I finally had the dreaded dinner with the family. We went to Chile's (my thought was it would end quicker if we all had burgers than actual food). So we get there and my father offers to pay for me ( a first, as he's often made me pay my own way when out with the family, like Thanksgiving 1997 and the Washington DC vacation of 1995). But he did make the Russian boy pay his own way. Granted the Russian boy is like 20/21 right now and in his first job and not going to school, whereas I was a minor. However, it still seems pretty crappy to me to make the children pay their own way to spend time with their family. God knows, if I'm putting my own money into it, I can think of better company that I would like to spend it with.

But no huge revelations occured while i was at dinner, except my decision that two for one specials are God's way of helping people deal with their family.

Then yesterday I spent the entire day driving back. GOd it was a long drive that confirmed my belief that South Carolina is hell. It started raining, no not raining, pouring about 30 miles in and didn't stop until i was back. But it is good to be home. May it ever be humble, my annoying relatives are 900 miles away.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home