Hateful, Party of One

Monday, January 30, 2006

expectations

So this birthday has given me pause to reflect on my friends and the expectations I have for them. I usually do have some expectations for my friends, you know like they treat me with respect and friendliness, they are there for me when I need them, etc. However, I've also been coming to grips with the realities of those expectations, mainly if you have expectations, you will generally be disappointed. So I think one of my personal goals will be to limit the expectations I have on my friends. This comes out of who remembered my birthday this year and who didn't. I had one friend who completely didn't remember my birthday despite me giving him every clue I could, including inviting him to a birthday party. I thought about it and realized that while I might be a little upset over it, I don't plan on not being his friend, or stop talking to him. The caveat, however, is that I think he's mad at me now.... which seems wrong, as he was the one who forgot. Oh well, It just takes the pressure off of me to remember his.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home