Hateful, Party of One

Friday, February 17, 2006

racial integration

So Ruthie Sugah Brown and I had a little bet over the last 2 weeks. He bet me that Halo, this pretentious upscale bar that clearly belongs in Sex in the City was more diverse than JR's. Don't get me wrong, I like the place, except for all the old trolls who creep me out. But I thought JR's which has a much more down home feel to it would be the place to find a more racially diverse clientelle. So last Thursday for Twin Sister's Birthday Celebration Extravaganza Part I, I counted all the people of color at JR's and came away over a 90 minute period of time 15, a respectable number. Then after class last night RUthie and I went to Halo, his favorite establishment and within 2 minutes of us walking around we found 16.... so I was wrong and he was right, so I had to cut him to make sure no one ever found out I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home