Hateful, Party of One

Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend pandemonium

So this may be a bit longer than most, as I have a lot to recap. This seemed to be the weekend where I officially had my introduction to gay society in dc. Let's begin last Thursday.

Thursday was the beginning of Chuck's Super Sweet 16 Birthday Celebration Extravaganza. After I got out of class, I met up with Chuck's possee at JR's for Power Hour and had enough vodka to make me a little tipsy (or as Chris put it; "you were soo wasted Thursday," while my response and defense was "not as wasted as I was the time prior to that"). This was also the first time I met Chuck's husband. very nice guy, I actually approve, even though deep down I am revolted and disgusted by it. Then the group decided to go to the Green Lantern for Shirtless Men Drink Free. I completely was going to bail out, but then decided i wanted to see Chuck's brother without a shirt. And so I ended up going and who am I to turn down a free drink, so there goes my shirt.

Friday was a very calm, relaxed day. Chuck had an indoor birthday party so we could have ice cream cake. Catherine and I went. Very calm, but a good time.

Saturday: Wet, a full nudity strip bar. We go and it was a good experience, despite the fact that most of the strippers clearly shouldn't be strippers. I did win a portable cd player that I will need to go back and pick up later this month. Then I also met this cute boy named Ben, tall asian one who is part of the dc blogging community, so i will hunt him down by those means. Also, I give props to Chuck's brother.. he has to be the most confident individual in the world. While at the strip bar, he completely pursued a stripper and got his phone number (this is an important story that comes up later, so remember this).

Also, Can we just use the term BUSTED... I invited Mike, since I hadn't seen him in forever to Wet. He said he had to work. I understood and was like, let's catch up soon I miss you yadda yadda. So we're drinking and I look over and who walks into the bar, but him. And he wasn't there for me either, but his other friends. WHich is just one of the rudest and biggest asshole things to do. How do you expect to not get caught when you lie to someone about what your plans are if you show up at the place you were invited to. You know it sucks to say something like "i've already made plans," or "I really don't want to hang out with you there," but seriously those will be taken better than lying and showing up to the place you weren't supposed to be able to go. And Mike was soo close to losing his nickname, Asshole Mike. Now its right back on him.

Sunday: Started out with brunch at The Beacon Hotel. Excellent food, all you can drink mimosas and the uber-gay experience. Then when we're the last people to leave the restaurant, we go to Biddy Milligan's, a bar that is on Dupont Circle. Nick and I have to go to the bank so we're crossing the circle and there are these two cute boys building a snow penis. It was fabulous. I took a picture with my camera phone. I will put it in an entry if i can figure out modern technology. BUt then I overhear a woman telling her kid that its just not a complete snowman... hahahahhaahhahaha
So we go to Biddy Milligan's and CHuck's brother calls the stripper, Rex who is supposed to come meet him for a hookup. So we wait and we wait and we wait... then Rex walks in.... and its not the stripper any of us was expecting. This is who walks in It was someone else completely and this guy works out at my gym and I've seen him as part of the circle jerks i often see at my gym. So of course I informed the group. So Chuck's brother finally ditches him to the point it was obvious. So then we're packing up and a group of us tries to go to the bathroom and Rex comes back in and tries to pay for his soda.... with dirty stripper ones... Of course we wouldn't accept it. And I'm going to act like we're bff's at the gym now. But we don't know what happened exactly. Either the stripper that Rich wanted passed the number along, or Rich was so drunk he gave his number out to a lot of people we don't know. We then go to JR's and top of the night. Good times there and I finally feel like I belong as part of that group, whether its Bernie talking about my penis size, Nick slapping my ass, or Chris kissing me on the mouth (in a good bye kiss, not a make out kiss), I do feel like I'm no longer an outsider. Then I find out Rich called up Rex for a hookup afterall.