Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Catch All

So tomorrow I leave for Anaheim for the ASHE Conference. It promises to be a good time. I solidified a great friendship at last years, so I expect the same results from this years conference. Academic conferences are great bonding experiences for students. With that said, this is sort of a catch all of the last couple days.

I got back my Stats mid-term. I ROCK!!!!!!! a perfect score... who ever knew I'd be good at that subject. I told my professor that I have low self-esteem when it comes to statistics and he told me he does to. It was really funny to hear my professor say that. I did go back to Mackeys and tell Howie (my new favorite waiter... and yes, a potential new crush) that I aced it and he remembered my name and everything. He rocks as well.

I also got my annual review at work. The grain of salt accompanied with this is that no one in my office takes these seriously. It takes a hell of a lot to get fired in this place and there are worthless individuals who get raises all the time. Last year's review was towards the end of a three month silent treatment that my boss gave to me and a few other coworkers. Complete silence... she wouldn't answer questions relating to work, she wouldn't say hello or good morning in passing. The closest during that time that she talked to me was when I overheard her talking about me and went and threatened to go to Human Resources if something wasn't done about it now. Then we were best friends again. Well at my review last year, with her not talking to me, she had the audacity to tell me I was standoffish and marked me down on the review.... It took all my strength not to laugh in her face and it became an office joke. So this year I got a near perfect review and was told I'm no longer standoffish.... hahahahahahha that's great.

Monday night, I went to Mackeys (this is when I saw Howie) and hung out with this guy. Had a great time. I hope to do so again. I also met two of his coworkers who were really cool. One of them comes from the same little town in Michigan I was born in. This town has like 3,000 people and here we go finding each other in the big city. The world is just too small sometimes.

Last night after class, I was walking to meet some friends and I walked by one of the people on speed dating (the Greek guy). We looked at each other like we knew each other but couldnt tell where from and I kept walking to avoid awkwardness :) The same guy... I looked at his profile on the speed dating site and three times he's like STD Free. Really? Like that's what you put in your speed dating profile? Its not a sex website like manhunt. Its a friggin' speed dating website. So my hope is that he's at the next speed dating event I do.. I'm totally just going to keep asking about his STD status. "So tell me, are you STD free?" "That's interesting. I also like (insert whatever hobby here), but I'll tell you what I need to know... Are you STD free?" and so on and so forth :)

So the goal is to find at least two professors to hook up with in Anaheim (where my conferences is)--- will let you know if I come close to that...

Also: two survey questions for the fans.

1. What does hook up mean to you? DOes it mean making out? or sexual activity of some kind?

2. What do you think of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton? NOt do you think she's electable, and not will you vote for her, just what do you think of her?

Can't wait to be in CA!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like Hil. she seems like a lovely person.

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger Twingonaut said...

    I think hook up has at least something sexual is going on. I like Hilary as a person, but I am tired of political dynasties. I'm looking at you George H.W., George W., and potentially Jeb too.

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger Twingonaut said...

    P.S. Have a great time in Anaheim, professionally or professory. See you Monday.

     
  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Phil said...

    1. For me, hooking up is something that leads to future, and further, physical activity. So in my humble opinion it can mean holding hands or S&M. Whatevs.
    2. Hil-dog is my senator. Dems and Reps alike have a love-hate relationship with her because she is an effective politicion and is cold and heartless. As a republican turned libertarian, I appreciate her bi-partisan stance on issues and clear commitment towards representative politics.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Also: two survey questions for the fans.

    1. What does hook up mean to you?

    We fuck. We play. We make out...it's broad.

    2. What do you think of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton?

    That's one tough cookie...wouldn't wanna piss her off.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home