Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

some randoms

1. I saw Steven out at JR's again. He hadn't called so I left him alone rather than going over and talking to him. But then I saw him give his phone number to this old, fat, balding guy... ewwww. If that's his type, I should be thankful he didn't call.

2. My supervisor at work is giving me a silent treatment. This is the third that I've received in my 4 and 1/2 years of employment. Its a shame she has the maturity of a three year old. Such is life I guess. It will just propel me to do a job search more intensively I guess. According to an article that the Associated Press published about a study in Leadership Quarterly, "31% of employees said their supervisor gave them the "silent treatment" in the past year, 27% said the supervisor made negative comments about them to other employees or managers, and 24% said their supervisor invaded their privacy."

3. Professional question for the readers: When one is interviewing long distance, does anyone have any recommendations for bringing up reimbursements for travelling to interviews? Should you leave it to the employer to bring up and just assume you are paying for it otherwise? Should you bring it up right away when the discussion of an in person interview occurs? Is it to late to bring up when you actually schedule that interview? Have any of you had experiences with this?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger rt said...

    You need to speak with the department admin, especially if you have not yet made travel arrangements -- they may want you to use a specific carrier or hotel. Just call and ask if your expenses will be reimbursable. Don't feel weird or embarrassed; anyone who has done travel reimbursements has dealt with the people who make six figures and haggle over $5 worth of gas, and a candidate who is taking time off and shelling out $ with no guarantee of a job is perfectly reasonable.

    Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home