Hateful, Party of One

Monday, November 17, 2008

things are looking up

I've been at my new job for a full week now. Everyone seems very nice and friendly. People seem content. I got an email today welcoming me aboard from one of the women I originally interviewed with months ago. And she said the nicest thing that would never have been considered to be said at the old employer. She said that they were lucky to have me. What a nice sentiment to hear!

My cubicle faces a window so I have a very nice view which I love!!!! However, the bathroom is really small and has a light that flickers so I find it to be creepy. But I am very happy to be there.

Although to some extent, I'm not sure how to work in a professional office. My supervisor communicates mainly through email and i'm used to that meaning that my boss is angry at me and not talking to me, but not here. Also, there's a really sweet woman about to retire who i call miss maxine. I'm taking over some of her territories to oversee and she calls me her new boyfriend, so of course i love her to pieces.

I even have some light developments on the boy-front in that I've had a good weekend with the boys. I went out to the bars on Friday and Saturday and both times had guys (cute guys) interested in me right away and chatting away all night. There was even making out. On Sunday,I had a date at 9am. We will see if there is a second one. The conversation was decent and he was cute, but when we left I wasn't quite sure if he would be contacting me again. I'll give it a day or two and maybe email him.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Topher said...

    Good to hear things are going well at the new job!! Such a change of atmosphere from your previous one seems like.

    Let's hear it for the boys! Wow, that is an early date. It's been two days!! Haha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home