Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

the Fishbone- Etchechury wedding

So I have been remiss lately. I went to a wedding in Boston and completely didn't review it.... in fact I didn't talk at all about my Boston trip.. so here goes.

I fly into Boston the morning of August 4th with an uneventful flight to Boston, which is a beautiful city. I spent the day relaxing after getting there and to be honest, I love the Sheraton. Since I'm a preferred member, I got boosted up to like floor 28, which was about as high as the special bridal suite :)

While I was there I walked around the city.. saw downtown, saw the Fens (where a very cute guy cruised me, however since the Fens is known as a park where public sex often happens after dark, I decided not to venture a conversation. I saw Fenway PArk. I bused up to Cambridge and walked back. All in all, I now feel as if I've done Boston and probably won't go back for a while.

BUt the wedding: gets two thumbs up. In short, it was a short wedding with plenty of entertainment. The location was phenomenal... the state room, which is like floor 38 or so right near the river and had tons of windows. IT was breathtaking. THe wedding was quick, which was good b/c people get antsy when its a long service you have to sit still for.

Highlights: Seal and Bernadette Peters (or their lookalikes) were in the band... and one of the bride's family dressed and had a vague resemblance to an early Liza. Some gawdy woman came 20 minutes late to the wedding with her unattractive husband and fat son. She wore some coat that looked like a dalmatian made it, stilettos, stalkings and a hookers mini-skirt and no bra. Then she stood in the back because there weren't enough chairs together for her family to sit right next to each other (that's what happens when you're late to a wedding). Then she kept complaining that no one was moving in to let them sit down (that's right, we got there early, so we get choice seats). Also mind you she didnt ever ask anyone to move in. She just was really loud (in addition to her loud outfit) about how its just unthinkable that no one else would move. So then her husband goes into the rows with an empty chair and takes them so they can create their own row... OMG... Aunt Lisa had this classic shocked look of "what are the inbred cousins doing now."

A good night though. I am getting film developed so I might post a few pics in the upcoming days of Boston... I am not trashy enough to take my own pictures at a wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home