Hateful, Party of One

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Labor Day Review

Yeah i know its been a long time since I posted and there is soo much to say. A week ago we had Orientation and yet again I feel as if I come to the rescue and do everything. Our program was a complete success and while I know it was somewhat of a team effort, I just feel like I did a lot more than other people. It kind of pissed me off the day of, but I move on quickly from these types of things. That night was the Orientation Happy Hour, which was also a complete success. Made some new good friends, at least one of which I'd want to hang out with on a regular basis. But everyone did seem to crash much much earlier than last year. The biggest disappointment was Triple X, who made me close down the bar then go to another one before I pleaded with his wife to let me go home by two in the morning. This year he was out by 10.

I also got bad news that night. My grandmother called me, which was out of normal protocol. Usually, I call, then get guilted for not calling enough, even though I know I call more than any of the other grandkids. But she called me and left a message, which means something bad happened. I checked it when we were changing bars from McFaddens to JR's and found out they put my cat to sleep. I'm still a little bummed out about it, but I plan on doing a separate post once I get a picture to put up and really I'm trying to keep this post happy and light despite it started off with me bitching and then going sad.

The next night was my Beeriversary, that's right one year of drinking beer and probably saving a lot of money. Triple X and Phil went to see Beerfest, a great stupid movie, but very appropriate for the context. Went to ESPN Zone, the site of my first beer chug to regale the fans of that story. Then we went to JR's where a larger group joined us. Granted this was all in the middle of Tropical Storm Ernesto. You can tell a true Floridian by two traits: 1. they go swimming on Christmas Day and 2. they go outside during a tropical storm for fun. It would've been fine, but someone at JR's stole my umbrella and if I ever catch those queens... oh wait, they might actually enjoy that.

Saturday, I went to Chris' birthday, then JR's, then Cobalt, then JR's again. A good night of dancing, which I desperately needed. At some point I was dancing and this guy started dancing with me, so I did that for a while then began to turn back towards Ruthie and dance with him some more. Then the guy took his hands, put them on my shoulders and turned me back... ok I guess I wasn't finished dancing with you. my bad. It happened like 2 or 3 more times. Good times though

Sunday, Had brunch and saw Another Gay Movie with M&M. THen slept til it was time to go out again. Ruthie scored big with the boys. By the time guy 2 was trying to pick him up, I decided I didn't need to just sit there and watch and not talk to anyone, so I sort of went off on my own, which wasn't met with the reaction I thought it would. Ruthie came looking thinking i was pissed and the guy thinks I hate him and was annoyed by his presence. But I just didn't see the point that I had to sit and watch this pick up occuring. Don't get me wrong: I like voyeurism just like all the other homosexuals, but I like my voyeurism to include X-rated activity. It does me no good to watch pick-ups in bars that don't include me. Am I wrong for this?

Monday: I rested

Other things to address:
1. I took a vow of celibacy recently. I decided that part of how I sabotage potential relationships is through sex. So I decided I would take a vow of celibacy. There will be no sex with another person til either Jan. 1, 2007, or I have been on three consecutive dates with the same person.

2. Steve Irwin: RIP. With that said, why is everyone shocked by his death. The man wrestled with dangerous animals his entire life. I am shocked that it didn't happen ten years sooner. This was nature's revenge on him, let's be honest it is. With that said, I'm glad he went out doing what he loves. But god knows I don't wanna die at my place of work. Can you imagine: Man dies while doing financial aid. ehhhh.. no thanks i'd rather pass.

So that's the weekend that was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home