Hateful, Party of One

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sea-Por II

So I am currently in Portland visiting friends on the west coast. The train ride down was very nice. It was quiet and the ability to see some nature was nice. Last night there was quite amount of drinking. Starting with Mike and some of his friends at the Brazen Bean, a martini bar that had a relatively cheap martini special. Let me recommend the butterscotch martini for anyone that has a chance to have one. mmm mmm good. Then we went to 3 degrees, where Andrew (a student I am friendly with) and he came out with us to Silverados and some other bar that was a dance club. Had a good time, but did go home alone. One guy that was interested just was too drunk to go home with, so I let his friends make sure he gets home ok.

Today I had lunch with Lena and Sarah, who I havent seen in a very very long time. It was nice having dinner with them. They look good and seem to be acclamating to the city well. But it seems as if they are very stereotypically lesbians, such as they both work in eco-friendly non-profits, they live in a commune type facility, etc etc. If they had told me they just bought stock in Home Depot, I wouldn't have been surprised ;)

On the way home, Mike and I were half a block from his house. Upon passing a middle- aged black woman, who said "He's soo tall." We kept walking and didn't mention the comment. As we hit the corner,she turned around and very loudly said excuse me and came over to talk to him. She asked where he was from and when he said New York City, she was like, Oh, so you've seen a black person before? He replied yes, but not in Oregon. haha Then she persuaded to ask where he went out and hung out. Where he did work, what libraries he went to. She then said how could she get his phone number so that she can get ahold of him. He very diplomatically said that he wasn't giving out his phone number or dating right now, but she was undeterred and said that she'd get him eventually and she was not giving up. Hey, its better than the guys who thought he was gay and that we owned a dog together the other day.

On a side note: Ruthie bought a vespa the other day. He asked me a while back whether he should get a new or used one. He started it derogatorily saying he knew what my answer would be, but asked if I thought he should get a used or new one. I asked him what he wanted to hear, because it was clear he didn't want my actual advice but just wanted me to rubber stamp him. Of course, as my readers should be aware, i did not bend to his will and told him to buy a used one just to make sure it was a good investment. As of yesterday, he texted and said he bought a new one. Its his life and yes he can afford it, but I think this is a step where I need to wash my hands helping him with fiscal decisions. I don't do it just for the fun of him not listening to me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home