Hateful, Party of One

Friday, May 18, 2007

Interviews

So on Tuesday, I had a very good professional day and it really jumped my self-esteem up a bit. I got two phone calls to set up interviews. One was a second interview for the Advisory Committee of Student Financial aid. It would be a second interview and I totally thought I blew the first interview. Well apparently not and they are having me come in June for a longer interview to meet the office and do a presentation. Exciting.

But the bigger one is I am one of four finalists to be Special Assistant to the President of my university. I had my interview with the head of HR yesterday for that. It was a very nice conversation and I think I made a good impression with him. He did admit to what I already knew, that I was a darkhorse candidate, but still, its an honor to come this far. But it pays more than I ever imagined I'd make. If i got it, drinks would be on me for virtually forever.

So keep your fingers crossed for me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay! While I do come here for the crazy stories, its nice to see the happy ones too. :) Congrats!

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Blogger Twingonaut said...

    Good! I'll need a beverage or 17 when I get up there homeless and jobless. :-)

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Mel said...

    Good luck!!! :-D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home