Hateful, Party of One

Monday, June 04, 2007

post 5k




So Saturday was my 5k. It was a huge event and the Susan G. Komen race for the cure collected more than 2.5 million dollars. Thank you to all who participated or donated money to the cause.

As far as my running, I felt very pleased with myself. I was able to run the entire time without needing a break to catch my breath. Technically my time was something like 38 minutes, but I blame that on how long we had to walk before there was enough room to run. In truth, I should've been able to do it in under 30 minutes. I probably could've run more than the 3.1 miles as well.

I also noticed that I got angry with people who didn't seem to take the race seriously and did absolutely no training. If you walked in the first mile, you should've done the walking race. Simple as that :) No one would've judged you poorly for doing that and you still would've helped the cause.

Sunday I decided to break from the gym and my legs thank me. Next race is the Nelnet 5k race for education. Very exciting!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger J said...

    My roommate ran it too and said there was tons of people. They started and were 20 mins into the race and there were people STILL starting. I respect you for this though, I think it's a great event.

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on that accomplishment! Long distance running is my weakest of weak suits - so much so I refuse to even contemplate it. So I'm always impressed with people that can really do it.

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Mel said...

    That's awesome! Congrats! :-D

    (I would have been one of the lame-o's walking. heh heh)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home