Hateful, Party of One

Saturday, June 09, 2007

update

It has been hectic at work lately, so that is my excuse for the lapse of postings this past week. There is quite a bit to discuss though.

I have become something of an interview whore. In the past month I've interviewed for four separate positions. On Tuesday, I went to this hearing that my Thursday interview put on. THey are a research org under the department of education. So I went to suck up and meet people that I had previously phone interviewed with. It was an interesting experience. But I found out this relatively big name in research (which I define as anyone i've ever heard of before) was also up for the position, so for two days I was like I don't have a chance, I should just withdraw my name now.

Later that night, while drinking Margaritas with DP, I got a call from another job wanting to interview me. So if nothing else, I had another possibility of a new job.

So on Thursday I go for the interview with a mentality of they'll get the best I can do and call it a day. WEll it turns out the interview went really well. I got along with them all great and I think they are looking more for a matching personality than the research experience. They asked for additional references when I left as well. But the executive director was hilarious. I had been warned that he was a character and known to use curse words.. THen he started dropping the f-bomb and s-bomb. It was hysterical. He even mentioned if they hired me they would help me with my dissertation... So we'll see. Next interview: Tuesday with UMCP.

Boy update: Well I get a call from waiter boy on Tuesday night. And he asks if I wanted to come out and i was already in bed so i said no. But then he said he thought he had broken up with. I asked why he thought that and he said that when he calls his boyfriend the phone message says the phone is not accepting calls. I was like its probably just a phone problem that will be fixed in a few days. Waiterboy doesnt accept that as an excuse and continues to protest. and i say it seems a bit extreme to break up with someone by cancelling their phone service or blocking a number. He really would owe you a discussion about the break up. But he continued on by saying that the relationship had hit a plateau anyways... to which i decided this was a conversation to gauge my interest in him currently. After all, a week before I told him i actually remembered our first night and everything i said to him.. like I'm completely interested in him.. etc etc and that i only pretended not too because i was fishing for information (i'm still under the belief that alcohol doesn't make us lie, even if it makes us say stuff we arent wanting to say). So he says that the bf hasnt contacted him since then, but it still seems odd... I wonder if he should be worried that his bf has disappeared. Why didnt that cross his mind? But we'll see.

Happy Pride everyone!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger J said...

    Wow 4 interviews! I can't BS that much in one week to save my life. J/k

    BTW The Mostly Unfabulous SOcial Life of Ethan Greene was hilarious.

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Christopher said...

    Good luck with the Job & the Boy issues!

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Blogger Mel said...

    Good luck with the job hunt - it sounds as though things are going well. Keep us updated!

    Mel :-D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home