Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My first 5k

So, many of you know that I am becoming increasingly interested in physical fitness. One of my goals this year was to start becoming active in some sort of athletic venture , other than the gym. So this Saturday I will be participating in my first 5k. I'm not that great of a runner, so I don't expect an incredibly great score, but just by completing it, I will have done something good for myself.

On the other hand, it is also for a good cause. I am jogging in the Susan G. Komens Race for the Cure, an organization dedicated to fight breast cancer. This has affected my family and many families out there, so I encourage you to donate to their charity. You can do so by going to this donation page. Even if you do not donate, you should still go learn about breast cancer by taking the awareness quiz on the left hand side.

(side note: to keep this at the top of my blog until the event happens, I will save up my stories for next week.)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger Michael J. Kaplan said...

    NEXT WEEK? WHAT THE FUCK?

     
  • At 2:51 PM , Blogger Michael J. Kaplan said...

    MEANING, I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK TO GET NEW CONTENT. DUDE, TOTALLY LAME. YOUR LOYAL READERS DESERVE BETTER.

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger Mel said...

    YOU GO! That is awesome! The only 5K I ever participated in was the Fat Boy 5K in Baton Rouge, LA. They feed you donuts, chocolate milk, and sausage poboys before the event. That was more my speed... heh heh heh

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger J said...

    Good luck and do great!

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

    I'll see you at Frontrunners on Saturday!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home