Hateful, Party of One

Monday, June 18, 2007

its all about me

Let me start by saying I understand the irony that someone with a blog is making this argument, but i will defend myself later on.

I've come to a conclusion about one of my big frustrations with the gay community. Its always got to be about you. There are so many attention whores out there that I just can't deal with it anymore. All but a very few number of gay men I know have to always be the center of attention. I wonder why I don't get noticed at the bars and I think this is exactly why. I don't make it about ME ME ME. And I'm frustrated that all my friends do that. Why can't I hang out with guys who can at least halve the attention time with other people in the group. What is it that makes these guys need to have every eye focused on them. These are the same guys who will tell you something as a friend and make promises to you, when really all they want is for you to be enamored with them. They don't want equals in their friends, they want people who want to be like them.

So where am I going wrong in meeting these guys? Am I doomed to always have these types as my friend as long as I have gay friends? Or is it more pervasive than I think and this occurs with straight men, straight women, lesbians, bisexuals, transsexuals, everybody on Earth.

Now, I know that I have a blog, which is inherently a medium where I make it all about me me me. Fine. But I put it out there and people can read it or not. This is more like my journal/diary and its me having me me me time with myself. Yeah, some friends read it, but they don't have to and I'm not forcing them to, like I would if I were hanging out at bars and forcing the same conversation topics about me and boys and me and me and some more of me. In fact, I rarely talk about me when I'm out with my friends (but this may be because I can't get a word in edgewise) ;)

Thank God my vacation is coming up!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what does this have to do with me?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home