Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

boy at the gym

This story starts off so well that at some point you'll be like.... awww that's so cute. About a month ago, I was on the elliptical at the gym (yes, all my stories involve the gym and working out). This cute latin guy is walking to the changing room and is about 50 feet from me. All of a sudden, his hands go up over his head and he waves right towards my direction. I thought how interesting, I wonder who he is waving at. I look around, no one is anywhere near me. But I was still like, nah... he's not waving at me. Then at some point a couple days later I was coming into the gym as he was leaving and he nodded and said hi to me.... WOW he was waving at me, was my thought. So this continues for a while. A lot of big smiles, a lot of nods, a lot of waves from across the gym floor. So I decide at some point that he's making the overtures, I should give him my phone number. This happened on Friday. He was there and waved from a distance, so I'm like, this is it.. now or never.. and all those other cliches. So, I got really nervous. Apparently, I'm still at a seventh grade level when it comes to asking boys out. I had all the butterflies in my stomach I could possibly imagine. But I went and got something to write down my number with and wrote it down on my business card. Then, I went back to the floor to hunt him down. He was with the free-weights, which is the most intimidating part of the gym to me and I won't go in there. So I got on a couple additional machines waiting for him to come out of that area, even though my work out was done. He came out and went to a machine in a corner, so i literally cornered him. I got his attention, he took out his ipod. Then I was a complete dork... and was like "I don't mean to interrupt your workout, but I think you're really cute and you seem really nice and I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out sometime (as I handed him my business card with my phone number on it)." He said "sure." We exchanged names. And we giggled. It was sooo dorky, we both got giggly about it. After we finished talking, I walked away and we watched each other the entire time and was smiling and giggling. (that's the awww part)

Sat. no call. Sun. no call... but ....

I saw him at the gym. He waved and came over to talk to me. He said he was sorry he hadn't called by then, but he had a partner of three years. (A PARTNER OF THREE YEARS?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?) How was that not the first thing out of his mouth when I gave him my phone number????? Seriously. He went on to say that he wouldn't mind having coffee but it would just be that.... (i was silent and didn't answer that request, because, well to be honest I'm not looking for new friends right now, I'm looking for some dating experience). But I am a little disappointed and demoralized right now over it. I'm sure I'll be ok in a couple of days, but I am tired of all the dating bs that exists.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM , Blogger Christopher said...

    Better you found out now I guess...still, what a jerk...he should've told you straight away that he has a partner!

     
  • At 11:57 AM , Blogger joe*to*hell said...

    damn fags. everytime.... we cant be trusted.

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    People with boyfriends enjoy having friends too. they enjoy someone flirting with them from time to time. Its not as if the ego withers away and dies the second you become taken!

    So yeah, he was flattered you asked, he didn't want to ruin the moment by saying "no way fuck off."
    could he have done it better? yes. Do you have a right to hate him and secretly wish him dead and sprinkle hot pepper into his underwear while he showers? maybe. do it regardless.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home