Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

nice compliment

So I was at work last week. I helped this guy fill out loan paperwork and then he moved to the next desk so i could help other people. At the end of him filling it out, he asked for my business card and he gave me mine. Then he said "just so you know, I'd hire you anytime." I was like ok.... what do you do, and had a quizzical look on my face. Then he said he was a former college president and when I looked at his card it was a name that I knew. He's been a college president like four times over.

The next day he stopped back to change something on his application and I joked with him that I almost printed my resume for him on the spot, so he said that I should email it to him and when I got ready he'd shop it around.

So that made my day last week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM , Blogger Christopher said...

    Good Job!!...now get that resume to him, while you're still fresh in his mind!

     
  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger Mel said...

    YAY! You never know... I have a friend who has fallen into every job he's ever had in a similar fashion. He got his last job from a guy he met at a GAS STATION!!! Best of luck! :-D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home