Hateful, Party of One

Thursday, July 26, 2007

bait and switch

So, as many of you know, I am on the job market. Its no secret as my supervisor knows and I apply for a lot of stuff in the hopes it comes through. Its become more important to find the job because they want to move my office to a satellite campus like 20 some miles away, which would not be a fun commute. In addition (as background to this story) they are opening up a one-stop shop, a place where financial aid, student accounts, and bursars will be in one location and allow students not have to go from place to place to get their financial issues dealt with.

Well, I applied for a position that was Assistant Director of this one-stop shop. It would've been a sizable increase in my salary grade and I'm assuming my salary would've as well. Well the newly appointed director called me and we had a phone interview on Tuesday and she subsequently emailed me to set up an in person interview where she referenced the term "Assistant Director" multiple times. So the next day I go to a training and they say in the training that there is no assistant director position, but that was a mistake and they only have these positions called Ambassadors, which are a ridiculous position that directs people what line to stand in. So I emailed her back and asked her about that and she responded with "I just found out that they weren't going to hire for that position." (what a lie) and that we should cancel our meeting the next day? (with a Question Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!) So I responded that yes, we should cancel our meeting and good luck with the center.

But she clearly knew they didn't have that position available and they posted that position with no intention of hiring for it. They wanted me to go through the entire hiring process and then at the end switch the position on me. I am furious about it. This school has found more ways than I thought possible to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home