Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What a great trip!

So I have been traveling a lot this summer. The month of July brings me to New York City and Rehoboth Beach. I went up with a friend to NYC. Our trip starts with him going out to meet one of his college friends. So I tag along and its to a little straight bar with cheap martinis and a pool table. So I alternated in between watching pool players and chatting with the people I was with. At some point they go outside and the gay poolplayer boy was like "your making me nervous." in a flirtatious way. So we started talking. At some point, my friend and I went to dinner and on our way out, i gave the guy my card that said "I'm visiting for two days and would love to see you before i leave." So 5 minutes later he calls me and we set something up for the next day. However, after dinner, my friend wanted to crash so i went back to the bar and hung out with the guy for a couple hours. We seemed to get along quite well. I eventually left to meet up with my friend, but we decided to hang out the next night.

So the next night we go out on a date, get some drinks, he shows me his part of the city. Then we go back to his place, order some diner food and well you know... But let me say this: it was the best sex I've ever had. I usually don't have great experiences when it comes to sex, but this was by far a great and emotionally positive sexual experience.

And it took most of the night so i slept most of the way home on the train. Turned around and headed to the beach. I made a new friend in the group that was going so it was a good time. Read some Harry Potter. Drank a bit. Invented a new drink (which I am very excited about--- Pink Lemonade and Vodka and I call it a Dolly Madison.) But there was also drama at the beach.

Of course there is always a little awkwardness when you travel with a couple, but I felt that it got ridiculously out of control. When people feel the need to make out so much that you can't have a complete conversation with them, then it becomes prohibitive to good group dynamics and that was the start of it. An example, if you will- I was talking to one of them about the new Harry Potter and in the middle of the conversation, of me talking, they start making out, so i said "Oh, I thought I was talking, but I guess I wasn't." And I turned around and stopped communicating with them for a while. So I and another guy started to separate away from the group so we didn't have to deal with it, which only ticked off other people. But the couple, which at this point wasn't dating for a full month yet got engaged.....yes, you read that correctly, engaged.... with rings and everything, although as i understand it the rings didn't fit. How do you not tell people you are going on an engagement trip with that you plan to pop the question and How do you pop the question after less than a month together. It makes me question the seriousness of relationships and wanting to be in one. TO me, this behavior trivializes relationships altogether. But then I realize "wait, when people do this, i usually make fun of them... ALOT." But its my friend, so I'd feel guilty doing it... clearly, i'm conflicted by this.

But it didn't ruin the trip and I still very much enjoyed the beach and the sun and the splotchy burn I somehow got...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What's the masculine version of calling someone 'a little tart'? Oh hell, YOU LITTLE TART!

    See you this afternoon.

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Michael J. Kaplan said...

    Best ever? Emotionally positive? You must have done something very, very dirty to that innocent pool playing New Yorker.

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger My adventures said...

    i've always thought making fun of your friends was better than making fun of strangers... and, no guilt... you know them too well... and engaged after a month??? i'd start taking bets in the group as to how long it's gonna last... now that sounds like fun...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home