Hateful, Party of One

Thursday, October 11, 2007

something about that city

I know it seems I'm always on a job search, but for right now I am always on a job search. And if i ever get one, you will get one very cathartic post on why i need to leave my current place of employment.

But I opened up the job search to a slightly larger distance. I feel I am far enough along in my doctoral program that I can feasibly finish from another city beginning in January. So the other day, I applied to a school in Philly for Director of Financial Aid. Its a slight larger step than i think i might get, but i thought i need to try anyways. Much like the last school i applied to work at in Philly, they seem to have jumped at me.

I applied Tuesday afternoon after a frustrating staff meeting. By Wednesday afternoon (about 24 hours later) I had gotten a phone call from the VP of Finance and Administration at that institution to talk about the position. Wow! I feel good when people do that. Now he and I are playing phone tag, but its good that we're at least going to talk.

But what is it about the schools in that city jumping at me? Is it that they realize what a great employee I could be and DC schools refuse to notice that? Or is it just that they have their act together in the hr departments and call quickly to get jobs filled, rather than DC which seems to take months to do anything. DC and its all encompassing red tape seems to permeate society, not just the government.

But this may also be God's way of telling me I belong in Philly. So we will see. I will keep you all updated as this goes on.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger David said...

    You only want to move to Philly because of your addiction to beefy working class men.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home