Hateful, Party of One

Friday, February 01, 2008

Unacceptable!

So I was at the gym yesterday afternoon on my lunch break. When I was post-workout, post-shower dressing to head back to the office, this guy whose locker was like 5 down from mine pulled out a large stack of mail and started going through it. He was sorting his bills, reading his mail, etc etc. He made piles all along a bench to the point no one could use the bench (bench etiquette in the gym is something that really bothers me... your bag doesn't need to be on the bench if someone needs to sit down). I thought it was appalling to have one's entire mail for the past week on the bench and going through it there. I thought that would be the end of this post....


But I went back for my post-work workout yesterday (about 3 hours after the lunchtime one). He was still there with what seemed to be everything he owned there (no i dont think he's homeless, but he could be). But he had a two liter of orange soda out and was eating a Sarah Lee Cherry Cheesecake right out of the tin. I was like "am i on candid camera, or is this a fucking joke?" WHy not have a pizza delivered to the locker room? Have a cable tv installed in your favorite locker? I understand making yourself at home at the gym but this was a little overboard.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger Washington Cube said...

    The real question is "Was he naked," because they do those things at my gym, but in the nude. You've got me.

    P.S. There was a homeless woman hanging in the locker room at a former gym I went to. I am the bad person who had them remove her.

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good question Cube on the naked part.
    Meanwhile, this is one hellava funny post. Good shit. Totally random as I go to the gym almost daily for years and years, and there's even a lounge area and I have yet to see anything like that!

    also, post-work workout? You training for something? I am, so I'm just curious.

    Thanks

     
  • At 2:09 PM , Blogger Hateful, Party of One said...

    WC: The man was not nude, but he was shirtless the entire time. And in long swim trunk looking shorts.If it were nude I'd at least assume it was something sexual and accept that as an answer.

    BC: Not training, just trying to lose another 20 lbs. I've lost 50 over the past 2 years and I'm almost to the point I like taking my shirt off

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    perhaps he works there? I have noticed that one of the guys who works at my gym keeps TWO lockers filled with folded up clothes (one for shirts, one for pants). These are the big lockers. We're talking more shirts than some villages in Africa have in their entirety.
    He doesn't eat cheesecake or do his taxes out of the locker but i suspect he doesn't go home very often.

    My boyfriend has a theory that only ex-cons are hired to work at our gym. If i judged a book by its cover, i'd agree with him instantly. Since his locker has been broken into 3 times (one time they broke his lock and only stole his underwear), he sort of has reason to believe the ex-con theory.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home