Hateful, Party of One

Friday, March 03, 2006

what are these kids thinking???

Seriously, for those that don't know I work in higher education in a traditionally disrespected office that everyone hates. I contend that while many many people I work with do not deserve an award for the most competent individual in the world, sometimes I get bothered by the ridiculousness of what people ask. Today is case in point... one of my pet peeves. I get an email like this:

Dear Mr. So and So:

I am an incoming student and have not yet turned in all the forms you need to do the basics of your job. Could you tell me when I will receive the finalized product?

Sincerely,

Generic Student


ANd i want my response to be

Dear Generic Student:

Are you kidding me? Why are you getting pushy when the hold up right now is you. I will get to doing my portion of this well after you do yours. I would love to give you an accurate timeline, but I am sure you won't really send me the forms that I need for quite sometime, as you've already delayed it three time.

Cheers,

Me

God I hate students sometimes.