Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Its Thanksgiving time in the city


So tomorrow is Turkey Day. You can tell in DC because people are all a little bit meaner and a little bit nastier. I thought holidays were a time to reflect on your blessings and be a little more curteous to your fellow man... until I moved to DC. Here in the city, the holidays are a time to walk a little further away from the homeless man asking for food and to always be on the quick to flick someone the middle finger. Case in point, I was walking down 19th street on the way to work today and there is a parking garage there which always has a line of people trying to get in. Its one of those that they park your car. So at the end of the line was a guy helping his wife get out of the car with their young young baby. They were at the end of the line and while their line was moving a little, it wasnt going all the way to the front. Then the car behind this couple honks at them. REALLY?
Is that necessary?????? So the guy started yelling at the car behind him telling him to hold his horses. I'm glad he did, people in this city need to learn a little patience and friendliness towards others.

An older Thanksgiving story. Two, maybe three years ago, I stayed in the city for Thanksgiving. And leaving on the MEtro the Wednesday before a holiday is murder. Its always more packed and people just dont care.So I try to get on at Foggy Bottom to go a mere two stops and this guy won't let people by. I try saying excuse me and he's like "i want to be by the door." So i retort "fine, so move so the rest of us can get by you, asshole." of course, in dc, asshole is a traditional holiday greeting. Then I'm getting off, he's still standing there so I accidentally fell into his stomach with my elbow and kept walking. Then this very short Asian lady blocked my way screaming she wanted to get on. I said well, i'm trying to get off and had to start moving her back with my arm. She eventually grabbed hold of my arm and i lifted her up and back and set her back on the platform... Then she started slapping me. Ahhhh the holidays!!!!

From all of us here at Hateful, Party of One--- Happy Turkey Day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Slapped by a short Asian lady... Hilarious.

    I have a Thanksgiving story about Asian ladies as well. A couple of years ago, my aunt noticed the Korean family at the table next to us. She turns to me and remarks, "You ever notice that you never see any fat Oriental people?" I shot right back, "Yeah, you never see any fat Asian people either." Hilarity ensued...

    Happy Turkey Day!

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha ha, I totally forgot about the old Asian lady story. Awesome. Happy Thanksgiving, Scott!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home