Hateful, Party of One

Friday, November 10, 2006

Two conferences and an election

So I have been quite a busy boy lately. Last week I went to Anaheim for the ASHE Conference. All in all it was... though I think the one in Philly was better. Cities where you can walk to everything make better conference locations than cities that you can only drive. It creates a better sense of camaraderie. The sessions were ok, but last years appealed to me much much more than the ones this year. But I got to hang out with some good friends. We hit up three gay bars: Mick and Macks (an mix between JR's and Halo). We mainly played pool there while listening to music on a digital jukebox. Then all of a sudden a bunch of Asian guys showed up like out of nowhere and immediately. We were like WTF?!??!?!?!?!?!?! Where'd all the ASians come from? Granted on the East Coast they are not as prevalent. But then we saw them put up signs for Club Asia. There were some attractive Asian guys there too.. something I don't see much, or any of in DC (i'm sure they are there, I just haven't seen them). Then we went to the Brit Bar, which was a mix between JR's and Green Lantern. We walk in and immediately some guy (Salvador) is trying to give M&M and Navy Rich a backrub. It was hilarious, especially when M&M was like "I love when my straight friends come to bars with me" as he puts his hand around NavyRich. Then Sal went into deeply apologetic mode and kept trying to make friendly conversation with us. Eventually we asked him what the bar down the street was like. He said "that's where f*ggots suck c*ck." So I responded with "well lets go boys" and so we did. Last bar of the night was The Mine Shaft... any bar with the word shaft in it is not going to be pretty. It was ok, not as scary as I thought it would be. And no f*ggots sucking c*ck either... false advertising.

The only other story of note from the conference was that I was supposed to meet with a friend of my professors to go over research stuff and get some "mentoring" BUt I also get the impression the guy is interested in me (as all professors seem to be). So we decide we'll meet Friday at 10am and i wait and wait and wait. An hour later the c-blocker walks by (he'll appreciate that's what his name is now) and I call him to come have coffee with me while I wait. No show at all. This professor I see everywhere having coffee, tea, or a meal with every single person there except me. So I don't see him til our last full day there. And we're crossing a main intersection and I say hi but don't mention being stood up and he's like how are you? i'm like ummm other than waiting two hours for you great. So I get back to DC after the conference and he emails me with: "I'm sorry we weren't able to meet to discuss your topic." ummm... by weren't able to meet do you mean "i forgot all about you, but am still not apologizing?" He wants to talk by phone, but right now I don't want to... maybe after the semester.

For the last two days, I've been volunteering and doing stuff for registration at a conference right near my hotel. Its a quick hundred dollars so I am not complaining. But, all these professors were checking me out... I swear to god if I didn't hate faculty right now, I'd be so able to get tons of academic booty.

And most important, what a glorious night Tuesday was. The democrats pick up the house and 6 Senate seats. Thank you God. You have finally smiled on the forces of good. I'd also like to note however, that every candidate I sent money to lost still. 6 years of political involvement and not one winning candidate yet. Hmmmm.. That's it no more donating money. I can't wait til 2008 with Kaplain.... we're gonna rock all night long until every election result is in. :) Whooo...

Other than that some minor stuff: I find out an old crush has a new boyfriend. Some guy I actually know... and ummmm how to say this with some modesty... I'm sooo much more attractive... Oh well, he has no idea what he lost. I realized today that I only have about 4 real weeks left to succeed at my New Years resolution: to go on three dates with the same guy. The most I've had so far is 1 date with talk about a second. (which happened once or twice). But I think I'm about to lose my New Years Resolution. But if you happen to know a guy who would like to go out with me at least three times by Jan 1, please forward my contact information onto them. There does not have to be 4 dates, just 3.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home