Hateful, Party of One

Monday, November 13, 2006

shady friends

I'm writing this post in what seems to be a repitition in my life. What is it about some of my friends that they act shady. This isnt the first time this has happened so I will go back to the original story first then with the new story.

Original Story: A long time ago I was friends with a gay couple D & J. We had a rocky friendship at times that came to a head and ended a little over a year ago. For a while, I kept inviting them out every weekend because I thought they just sat at home and did absolutely nothing. I felt bad for them and kept trying to be nice. Then after a weekend I did that, J mentioned to me they went out to Remmingtons the weekend before. No big deal to me (although I did think maybe I was wrong to assume they had no life and were actually out on a regular basis). So I asked D. "How was Remington's this weekend?" and his response was "who told you?" I was like whoa.. somethings up if you didn't just say fine, had a good time... So I was offended that they were lying and keeping secrets over something so stupid as their weekend plans that it really became the straw that broke the camel's back and I stopped hanging out with them. Since then, in fact, I've only seen them like twice.

So Ruthie and I have been going through a rough patch. We haven't really been seeing much of each other and there are some underlying tensions that have been simmering for a while that I've chosen not to address (and won't really go into them here). And I understand our schedules have been bad periodically to hang out, but there is more as is developing currently. Let's go back a full week for events so you readers understand my frame of reference. I got back from Anaheim on Sunday night and we agreed we'd hang out on Monday night after R went on a date. Then during class I get a call from him and he's like I got my days confused and scheduled a second date after my first so I can't hang out with you (me slightly frustrated). Then he tries to guilt me a little for not wanting to hang out on Tuesday (It was election night!!!!! My biggest hobby had its once-every-two-years Superbowl and my team was favored for the first time in like 12 years) and then on Wednesday when I had already committed to that part time job. So we talked about going out on Thursday. He said he had a work thing til like 8 then he'd call me. So a friend and I waited til 9 with no call, so we went out. Shortly thereafter R. texted me that he was on his way. By 10:20, no R. So i text and ask where he is. He says they are eating currently. WEll, that pissed me off. How many times could he have said am running really late and let me know the truth about his ETA. Instead I keep getting will be there soon messages. So in part because I am a bitch and in part because I needed to regain the upper hand of respect, I text him that I'm tired and going home and never got a response. But he emails me the next day asking me if he wanted to hang out this weekend (specifically Friday). I say text me and I will let you know, but I do want to go out this weekend. So no text all weekend. Then I find out from DP that they went out Friday night til late. (which I'm fine with, but why invite me out if you don't want to hang out with me- its just shady). When I asked about it today, he all but avoided the subject with me. Then I mention it to a coworker who knows my life pretty well and he mentions he saw R out on Saturday night too... and still no call. So I am feeling a bit slighted about the whole situation.

I am thinking many thoughts right now, which include cutting back on how much time I spend with R. But my friend, the packin' Latin, said I should still confront him on it and I might. But do you all think I'm overreacting? Or is that a moot point and since this has evoked emotions and emotions are a valid experience, I'm allowed to bring this up regardless of overreactions? Thoughts? Advice?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think I understand why this blog is called Hateful, Party of One.

     
  • At 2:04 PM , Blogger Hateful, Party of One said...

    well i guess i'm not guilty of false advertising then. you could've said i was overreacting.

     
  • At 5:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ahh, anonymous #1 needs a brown jersey #1

     
  • At 6:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    no, really a dirty sanchez is more in line.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home