Hateful, Party of One

Friday, January 26, 2007

birthday boys

I had thought about doing a blog about personal drama and abandonment issues surrounding my birthday. But last nights experiences gave me a totally new topic to write about...boys! There were three incidences yesterday that got me to thinking.

1. I was up in Woodley Park for an association meeting yesterday. After the meeting I was taking the metro back to work and when the elevator arrived everyone walked out, but the last guy smiled, did the little eye check out thing and made sure the door didn't close on me. This got a missed connection from me. (if for some reason you are unfamiliar with missed connections like you live under a rock or in the middle of nowhere, please check them out. Every area has them on www.craigslist.org).

2. I went to a grad school happy hour at McFaddens and a hot guy across the room kept checking me out... sadly he never made a move, then again I didnt either.

3. The real story though: I went to Fado's for T-fab's going away party (why someone would move to upstate New York of their own volition is beyond me). But while we're at Fado's this chunky but funky Jock boy stumbles through our group to ask where the bathrooms are, so i point him in the right direction. Then on his way back he stumbles through our group again and appologizes. He was clearly wasted beyond all recognition and then he comes in and kisses me on the cheek...ummm ok. then he offers me a shot, which he never actually delivers on. So then I watch him later in the night and he starts kissing all these guys in his group (all chunky but funky fratish Jocks). And my friends started to notice it too. And I was like, "When did Fado's become a gay bar?" At some point I pass him again and I'm like dude where's my shot. So he apologizes for that and says I should bitch him out. I'm like I should, but its not really worth my time, so he kisses me practically on the lips... Geez, Fado's has more gay action than the Crew Club apparently. BUt it did give our group entertainment all night long.

In other news: a service industry crush (for those that don't know, I often crush--- or at least used to in Orlando--- on service industry people (i.e. waiters, bartenders, flight attendants).. so this crush I have gave me his email the other day and I invited him to my birthday party and he actually emailed... so I'm crushing today.. (yes, i know nothing will happen of it, but there's nothing wrong with a little crush here and there, or on a weekly basis).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home