Hateful, Party of One

Friday, January 19, 2007

Yesterday...

So much to write about from yesterday.

First: Art Buchwald passed away. I actually met him once. He came in to Barnes and Noble in Georgetown when I worked there and he wanted to sign his books. I thought he was just a crazy man who thought he wrote a book, so I called the manager to deal with it (which we really did with all authors- not just the ones I didn't beleive). So Tibbett got the books for him to sign and afterwards she asked if I knew who he was and I didnt. The day before he published an article about how sucky it was to be an author because booksellers had no idea who you are when you went to sign books... I felt bad... as I was that bookseller.

Second: Crazy Guy on the Train. After work, I went to Capitol Hill for a fancy shindig with Americans for Democratic Action. On the way there, I rode the train with Molly and this crazy guy sat next to us and started chatting away. He was very fidgety like he was on crack withdrawal, but he started talking to us. We were nice and friendly as he started to tell us things like his gay trips to Florida where he was almost bitten by an alligator and asking us if we liked the city and such. Then Molly gets off the train and he's like "what's your name?" "Are you gay?" "How old are you?" "OMG, I'm like twice your age" and me thinking "ummm you are acting like you are on crack, I don't plan to go out on a date with you anyways." But luckily my stop was next Woo Hoo.

Third: Meeting the powerful: So i got to stop and chat with some pretty exciting people. Representative Conyers, Altmire,Hodes, McDermott, Waters, Tiahrt, and Senator Akaka.

I also met a cute boy there, that I was able to hunt down online later. I might email him and ask him out... we'll see... we all know my luck on that as well, so don't expect a followup here :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for linking to ADA's site. Scott's fans should all join. Scott too.

    P.S. Stay away from my new second husband.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home