Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm back (part two)

COntinuing from yesterday:

1. So Ruthie has been seeing this guy for about a month now. I'm happy for him, although am worried how it might affect our friendship, as I clearly don't want to be the third wheel. But his boy seems very nice and very friendly and is friends with the waiter (soon to be mentioned). But he's just like me. We may not look exactly alike b/c he's shorter and has facial hair, but our mannerisms and personality are exactly alike. I had to say afterwards (not to Ruthie mind you) that it was like he was dating me vicariously through someone else. Interesting and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

2. Last monday, my long term waiter crush was out at JR's. I've never seen him outside of his element. But I stopped and chatted with him a bit while we were out. ANd its done wonders for our friendship. We've exchanged phone numbers and have texted a couple of times and when I was at his restaurant/bar on Saturday he really sat down and chatted with me for like two hours. At JR's, I offered to buy him a beer. He told me that I don't have to, but i insisted saying that with the number of beers he's served me, the least I could do is buy him one. He said "yeah, but i've never bought you one." To which I respond "yeah, I know... and don't think I haven't noticed. ALl the bartenders here give me free drinks ;)... nothing like guilting people for free drinks.

3. The date: So over President's day weekend, I went to JR's(way too much) and met a guy. I went with Christian and at some point Christian walked away to say hi to someone else and the guy started talking to me. So we chatted a bit... we have some similar interests... and he doesn't seem like the normal type of guy I get so we exchanged numbers. We were in contact for a couple days through texting and emails. We went out for an actual date on Saturday. It went well. We hit up some bars where no one would know us so we could talk and drink and get to know each other. It was a good night. We ended up at JR's at the end of the night where I introduced him to a very drunk friend. And my date (Dan) told him that he was going on vacation to Ft. Lauderdale this week. So the friend decides it would be appropriate to recommend the bathhouse in Ft. Laud to visit... for the guy I'm on my first date with. I was mortified and my mouth dropped open larger than my friends probably did at that bathhouse. Dan was gracious about it though, so he got bonus points for that. At the end of the night I walked him home and we kissed good night and he said he had a great time and would love to hang out again.

Gotta get to a meeting: Tomorrow's catch up- the gym story and what happened last night at JR's ( I really do go there too much)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home