Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

homeless people with money

What is it about DC's unique homeless population that they have money. Case in point, yesterday at the gym.... my gym (as I've learned through other people complaining) has a tendancy to let homeless people come in and use the showers and equipment and such. Not sure how I feel about it since I have to pay a lot of money to use the showers and equipment and I figure I should get a good deal as well. So yesterday after my workout, this guy who is clearly homeless (or at least needs to learn to smell better and groom himself) was walking through the locker rooms with a video camera. Two questions hit me: 1. Where the hell did this guy get the money for a video camera? all of his possessions are in a trash bag that he carries around. and 2. Why does no one seem to care that he's filming them in the locker room in various stages of undress?

But this also led me to another homeless person story that occured over my second year here. I used to pass this woman every day I worked at Barnes and Nobles. Over the course of time we became friendly and I used to make her sandwiches and bring her extra food. THen that year at Thanksgiving, I see her at my grocery store shopping and I'll be damned if her cart wasn't bigger than mine and she was talking on a cell phone... A CELL PHONE... At that point, I couldnt afford a cell phone. WTF??!?!?! Needless to say I stopped making her sandwiches.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM , Blogger Twingonaut said...

    Dang! I knew there was some reason I stopped going to the gym other than laziness.

     
  • At 8:24 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

    The houseless man ( I prefer to call them houseless, you can make anything into a home) who lives at the bus stop at new hampshire and dupont has a nifty and expensive looking boom box/CD player type thing.

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Has anyone else noticed how the homeless people in DC are overweight? How can you be that destitute and still get fat?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home