Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bachelor Auction

As promised, the bachelor auction date post. So on Sunday evening, I met my date for dinner at Tonic, which is a restaurant that specializes in comfort food. I, being the perpetually on time person that I am, arrived about 15 minutes early. When he got there , we did the gay exchanging of pleasantries (hug/kiss on the cheek). WE went in and he knew people in the restaurant next door so he said hi. I thought he was just popular, but apparently his friends decided to check up on him during the date... which wasn't mentioned til late into the date.. but has some awkwardness attached to it.

The conversation was good. Its like if we were able to go down different paths of our lives and then meet up and discuss life with our future possible selves... that was our date. We had a lot in common, education- the same reasons for doing so much education, the worries we have about putting ourselves out there in a date/romantic setting, the hangups we have with men, etc etc. IF it were a actual date, there may have been some overshares of personal information, but since it wasn't, its ok.

At some point, he got all inquisitive about why I (someone) would purchase a bachelor at a bachelor auction and actually go out with them. And I said it was just for the experience and the story (which is 100% the truth), but my inner monologue had a much deeper conversation of two points. 1. If I wanted to eat at that particular restaurant, it would've been cheaper just to go to that restaurant with friends and pay my own way. and 2. while yes this money technically was for charity, its not like it was a big charitable cause like cancer research, or AIDS related concerns, or poverty. Its to send gays to France.... If i cared about that charity, I'd buy a ticket to Paris for myself.

And of course, at some point he mentioned he had a blog. And he said he didn't want to tell me what it was since I had been mentioned in it through the whole date purchase thing. I respect that entirely, but let's be honest... anyone who knows me knows I'm instantly going to internet stalk. And it wasn't hard to find at all. The early posts about the date weren't so nice and had I read them before the date, I probably would've canceled and not gone out with him at all. But his summary paints me in a good light, so I appreciate that. Here's the link to the good review and to my readers, please note... he doesn't know that I know his blog yet, so don't incriminate me :)

But he seemed nice enough. I think if we see each other out, we'll definitely stop to chat, but there's no real date coming up with him and I don't know if we'll ever actually call each other to hang out. I guess we'll see on that one.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    " Its to send gays to France.... If i cared about that charity, I'd buy a ticket to Paris for myself." Hee hee!

    I'm glad you had a nice time. And I don't think it's awkward that his friends wanted to be nearby... I mean, all he really knows about you is that you had enough money to get the winning bid, right? I can't say I've ever "accidentally" gone to the same restaurant as a friend on a date, but I have been on both sides of the "call me at X time in case this is scary/dull."

    rhiannon

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    well i spent a good fifteen minutes reading his blog. i didn't plan on it. . i just got sucked in.

    a few things that stood out:
    He refers to his dates by their height and sexual position (6'4" power bottom aka 64pb)
    He is on pyschopharmacitcals.
    He said he had no chemistry on a date because the other fellows clothing was non-descript and didn't fit well.
    He used the fake word "gurl" several times.
    He claims to look good in metallic clothing.

    I dunno. . .i expected more depth. I mean, you won him in a go-go boy auction!

    i was tempted to post something in response to his entry about you, but i had to control myself.

     
  • At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think your greatest act of charity was giving him an entire evening with someone more sane than he is....
    i present a few quotes from his blog:

    "15 minutes later I was across the street in an abandoned alley pissing all over this guys face, jeans and in his mouth."

    "( i was) arrested when I was 17 for having sex in a public place"

    "one thing I will never forget is the moment I looked down to the floor after the second guy barfed on my cock. Strewn within the puddle of puke was half a ring of onion and I thought to myself, hmm he had onion for dinner"

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

    First of all, you are good at sleuthing, I'm intrigued how you found the blog. Second, gjc is a LOYAL reader, which is fine. I do sound pretty insane on the blog, but that is the whole point... I'm glad you enjoyed the experience as much as I did.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home