Hateful, Party of One

Friday, June 29, 2007

Post- Vacation Let Down

Its always rough coming back from Vacation, but this past Wednesday was a little ridiculous. There were the things I expected, calls from whiny families who want special treatment... the mountain (and yes I mean the mountain) of files that are in my cubicle. But then the bad news started.

I got a call from the department of education research position. They turned me down saying I was overqualified. Don't they realize what I do for a living and how it doesn't make me overqualified to clean up elephant crap at the zoo? I also don't understand it because if I am overqualified and i really want the job, shouldn't i get it and we can work past my over-qualifiedness of the position? Its also ironic because the entire process I thought I was so under-qualified I didn't have a chance. BUt that threw me into a bit of a depression that I'm still in. I now feel trapped and a big loser that out of four interviews last month alone not one thing bit. Am I that bad of an interviewer? Its like God is punishing me by forcing me to work in hell.

THen that night some friends and I went out for trivia night and then dancing. Then as I left I got a call that one of my best friends, who was dancing with us and only stayed out because he was being my wing man with the boys was mugged on the way home. I got the call as I was walking to my apartment and turned right around and headed to the hospital. I got there thanks to a speedy cab and he was a bloody mess. His face didn't look too bad, a little swollen, but not too bad. They got him in relatively shortly and it turns out he has a broken nose and a bruised cheek bone. He's shaken up (understandably), but he's ok. They didn't get anything. Apparently two guys just started punching him without asking for anything or saying anything. He ran and got home where his roomate took him to the emergency room. IT happened at 15th and Q. WTF?!??!!??! That's supposed to be a safe neighborhood. Its more my area than his based on where we live. So on top of the guilt that I feel for making him stay out late, I now am jumpy and feel unsafe.

Definitely not the back from vacation experience I wanted.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:01 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    I'm sorry! That sucks. Keeping my fingers crossed that something great will happen for you . . . soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home