Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

phone tag ends

So I've been playing phone tag with that VP of Finance and Administration for about a week now. He called Wed afternoon and Thursday morning, I called THursday afternoon, he called Friday about 4, I called Monday morning, I called Tuesday morning... Got him. Finally. So phone interview occurs... a brief one of about 10 minutes or so.

We make jokes about how hard it has been to reach each other. He asks why I'm considering leaving my current institution. I give a half truth of there is no more upward mobility in my office (which is true) but leave out the fact that the higher administration is seriously screwed up about financial aid and trying to move my office to our satellite campus. He asked what my salary was. He asked why I'd be a good fit and what I'd bring to the table. He also tried to sell me on Philly and telling me whats going on there and I already knew a little bit about the city and already liked the city. In addition, he tried to sell the position telling me I'd have a great opportunity to learn admissions and have higher up responsibility.

He seemed very nice. And he said he'd call me back by tomorrow to solidify a date for me to come up there and visit the campus.. most likely next Friday afternoon.

Will keep you all updated

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    good luck. what happened? rt

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home