Hateful, Party of One

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back.

I feel like the process to completing your dissertation is one of two steps forward, one step back. I made some good decisions about my dissertation in the last two weeks. First, I'm dropping a research question that is only tangentially related to my project (this will allow me to drop a third of my literature review). Secondly, I found an already constructed data source from a university that asks thousands of students questions about my topic (this will make data collection so much easier). But then, as I was going through my chapter one that I wrote last November, I realize its not salvageable with these changes and I have to scrap it. Granted its only 20 pages, but I'm slightly depressed about doing the work again and have found it hard to stop up. And hard to go to the gym, and hard not to eat double cheeseburgers all day. So I've taken two steps forward but then had to take one step back.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The only remedy for this, of course, is to work, work, work. Which we will be doing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home