Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

As promised...

So right after our bi-weekly staff meeting, I notice that my supervisor ran out of the room. Normally everyone sort of meanders their way back to the office by way of Starbucks, or Einstein Bagels, but she high tailed it out. I was like that's wierd. So the pile of papers I had for her I brought back to the office and asked if she wanted them. I got a very snippy "NO!" Fine be like that.

So instantly, I started figuring out why she's pissed at me. After all the last time she got pissed at me, there was a 12 week silent treatment which eventually resulted in me discussing it with 4 of her superiors and thretening to go to HR and initiating a discrimination lawsuit. And I even came up with a reason for it all: the new IT person in our office announced at the meeting that I would be getting more responsibilities and authority with my projects. That would easily set her off as 1. she didn't decide that, 2. she hates when people get more responsibility as it cuts at her power source and 3. she hates when other people are recognized positively for their hard work.

Two hours later, we have a meeting scheduled to discuss the next step of our processing schedule and what we need to be doing. Her leading the meeting went something like this: "These are the instructions. I don't really care if you follow them. If you don't you'll have to deal with it later, but I don't care." And then frowning she stands up and leaves the meeting.... We all looked at each other with confusion in our eyes and a WTF thought pattern going through the crowd.

About 5 minutes later, the sups best friend comes around and tells us the story that she's mad at the director b/c the director made a decision that we will help out another part of the office when they are busy, even though we ourselves are slightly behind. Hmmmm how dare he... As a director thinking he got some say in what happens here and trying to make us help each other out. Thats just horrible and I completely think the temper tantrum was justified now that I know the truth.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home