Hateful, Party of One

Monday, September 25, 2006

Men Update



So every once in a while its like I have a deluge of men (that I'm interested in). In the past, its rarely worked out with any of them, but I feel more optimistic so we'll see.

Man 1: A European guy in one of my classes. To be honest, I don't think he's gay, but the jury is still out and has not given its final verdict. He's coming to a baseball game with me this Saturday so we'll see. I'll probably know by Tuesday night when I have drinks with him and some classmates. This guy really follows my patterns of finding the most unavailable man possible and finding interest in him... ain't that right Triple X? :)

Man 2: Jeff L. This was an introduction from a school friend of mine. NOt entirely sure how the intro. happened. One day last week, I get an email from someone I know from class and she was like I heard you wanted to get into a social scene more, here is a list of friends that I sent your contact information to. For a while I was like am I that pathetic in my social life, but then I think I figured it out. I believe they may have read my recent blog entry on friends introducing me to men. BUt then what I don't know is if this meeting was supposed to be as friends or as a date possibility. But regardless of that we went out for an hour and a half lunch last Friday and had a great time. The conversation was never really awkward or there wasn't a lot of silences where we couldn't think of much to say to each other. He was nice, funny, intelligent, etc. Then of course I go back to my office where I am hounded by everyone saying it was a date. I did get him to email my boss (who he knows in passing) to send her a note saying it wasn't a date and he did.. hilarious email). I also happened to run into him at M&M's birthday party when we were at JR's. Now that we've met as friends, I wouldn't mind going on a date with him. Now we all know how horrible I am at dating and I don't know the first thing of what to do and I've been mentally anguishing myself (not really, but I like being dramatic) on how I ask him out on a real date rather than just a friends thing. So far the best thing I've thought of is dinner and a movie and just see how it develops and whether it goes to a friend thing or a date thing. Any advice from the readership?

Man 3: Jeff P. Will meet on Thursday at a happy hour where no gays are invited (sorry guys, I love you all, but don't need the competition... I've been cockblocked before and don't need to set myself up for it happening again.) Will let you all know what happens afterwards.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Mel said...

    Errrrr... Movie first dates are rough, IMO. If you are not sure how you feel about the person and you are just getting to know each other, it is way too much pressure (do we hold hands, snuggle, make out in the dark??? I dunno.) I prefer my early dates to be at places where we can really talk and get to know each other. Dinner is always a great start. I would suggest drinks, but then you might go back on your "vow" mentioned in your last post. heh heh.

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Mel said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home