Hateful, Party of One

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

moodiness

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been kind of moody for the past week and rather than pass it on to everyone else and incessantly talk about myself (isn't that the purpose of the blog?) I am getting out of that mood after having a good time out last night and mayhaps a little too much alcohol. There may have been developments with my long term waiter crush too. THat story goes as such: I was in class and got a text from him telling me that he was out at JR's and I should come join. Fortuitously, it was a Monday night, so of course I was going to be there. Well, I had a little bit too much to drink (really? you don't say). ANd this is where things get a bit fuzzy. Something triggered a talk between the waiter and I where I think I hinted (and when I said hinted I mean i said everything but let's get married and have lots of babies)that I had a raging crush on him and he hinted back that he was crushing on me.... I remember leaving the bar on cloud 9, but then I sobered up and thought OMG what did I do?!?!?!?!? THe problem is I dont remember what was said and so I don't know if i misread that entire conversation. My plan: pretend it never happened.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    no, no, no! bad plan. you have to at least start off with a joke about how wasted you were, or something. what if the waiter likes you and would be crushed if you never brought it up again and he's too shy to do it? rhiannon

     
  • At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    p.s. oh, but you must tread carefully, lest the "i was soooo trashed" bit comes off as "i just said that so i can be off the hook as far as liking you."

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Blogger Twingonaut said...

    Totally agree. Don't pretend it didn't happen. I don't have any advice beyond that because I don't know how I would broach the subject at all later on.

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Blogger Michael J. Kaplan said...

    Whenever I say something loaded I wished I hadn't, I always approach the recipient of my unfortunate lack of verbal discipline with this line:

    "Alcohol doesn't make you say things you don't mean, it makes you say things you don't want to."

    From there, I say,

    “listen, I'm not sure exactly what I said, the specifics are unimportant. But if I was brave and sober, this is what I would have said.”

    In your case, you like the guy, great opportunity to take a risk, that you want to take, but needed a little liquid courage to do. You've done the tough part, you got the sentiment out. Now its time to follow it up with an articulate explanation.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home