Hateful, Party of One

Monday, April 30, 2007

an interview and a promise

My promise is that tomorrow I will blog about my date with the bachelor auction guy. It happened and wasn't horrible, but I am waiting to see a few things and how to organize my thoughts on it.

So a less interesting story instead. Last Wednesday, I had a phone interview with the Advisory committee for Student Financial Assistance. It seems like an exciting possibility... research, financial aid issues, etc etc.. right up my alley. And I do think that there is something to be said when I can make the determination on my own that I had a not so good interview. But i had a phone interview with three people from their office and it went alright... not incredible, not horrendous, but I'd be surprised if I made it to the next round. The problem comes down to it being a completely different position than I am used to. I am familiar with how to interview for a financial aid job, but not a research job. And I know I answered many questions incorrectly and had to backpedal... questions like do you like working alone, or with other people more.... i answered with other people thinking this was the question about working on a team with a small, close-knit office... no it was the research is a solitary pursuit question... oh well. Not the worst thing to ever happen... Still keeping an eye out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home