Hateful, Party of One

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

month anniversary

TOday was my one month anniversary on the new job. Its going well. It has been a slow month because it is a downtime in the office, but I've gotten tons of school work done because of it. Its interesting, more than the work aspect of it all, trying to join a new work culture. The culture around this office is soooo drastically different than the other office. This office is so incredibly friendly. Not to say that there weren't nice people at my last job, but these people go so far out of their way to be friendly. Every time they walk by they say hello; every day I have a full on conversation with each of my team mates. I'm just not used to that level of interest and friendliness with my coworkers.Also, this office is so holiday centric. They do Christmas cards and parties (like I've had three so far). People decorate their cubicles. Definitely not what I'm used to. But I'm excited to see the old me come back in all this, the outgoing happy me.

A number of people have said they can see the difference in me and I'm thrilled by that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Topher said...

    Good to know you're adapting just fine at the new job. The folks you work with really does make a difference.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home